Shell Tourist Map of Botswana at 1:1,750,000 from Veronica Roodt Publications with enlargements for all the country’s most visited areas annotated with lists of numerous GPS waypoints for accommodation, road junctions and other important features.
Road information indicates different types of roads from main tarred routes to 4WD tracks and wilderness trails. Intermediate driving distances given on roads and many 4WD tracks, with cumulative distances also indicated for main routes, plus locations filling and service stations. Border crossings are annotated with opening times and a separate list gives their GPS coordinates. The map also shows railways and local airports. Symbols indicate locations of various types of tourist accommodation. Topographic information is provided by rivers, salt pans, marshes and fossil river valleys. National Parks and nature reserves are prominently coloured, showing where necessary entry gates. The map has latitude and longitude lines at intervals of 1°, with additional GPS waypoints for main towns. Also provided is a distance table and general information for visitors to Botswana, including game park regulations..
Surrounding the main map and on the reverse are enlargements showing the country’s most visited areas in greater detail, with additional tables of GPS waypoints and tips for drivers. The enlargements cover:
- The northern part of the country with the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, Chobe National Park and Linyanti. Cartography here is based on satellite imagery. Enlargements are provided for Ghanzi area, Chobe River Front east and west, the central part of the Moremi Game Reserve, and Savute.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, also with a satellite imagery base, plus an enlargement for Mabuasehube
- The Tuli Block, with an enlargement for its game reserve
- Makgadikgadi National Park
- Makgadikgadi Pans with a more detailed map of the Drotsky’s Caves
- Naxi Pan National Park
- Khutse Game Reserve
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve with an enlargement for its northern area
- The Gaborone area
|London Store||18 in stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product