Freshly updated Green Guide Brittany introduces a region of France steeped in salt water, history and tradition. Travelers will enjoy crafting their own journey, relying on Michelin's famed star-rating system for attractions and activities, plus recommendations for places to eat and stay. Tours by car and by foot invite exploration of medieval walled towns, sparkling seaside resorts, bustling fishing ports, prehistoric Celtic sites, and ancient salt marshes. Maps, color photos and evocative area descriptions complete the picture for a successful visit.
Attractions are reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system, from the 3-star iconic, UNESCO site of Mont-St-Michel and carefully restored old town of St-Malo, to 1-star Concarneau, a bustling, walled fishing port.
- Included are walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; plus illustrations and floor plans to focus on highlights.
- Enjoy a walking tour of the 500yr-old town of Vitré with its castle, ramparts and narrow streets. A driving tour west from Quimper to the ocean's edge shows the wild side of Brittany where rocks, waves, sky and sea all mingle in a vast seascape. A bike ride on the Voie Verte from Mauron to Questembert in Morbihan reveals a calmer landscape. Travelers discover more of a region through Michelin's walking and driving tours with comprehensive directions and maps.
- Sidebars appear throughout the guide on various topics ranging from 19C science fiction author Jules Verne's hometown of Nantes to tide movement around Mont-St-Michel.
- Comprehensive illustrated sections feature 21st century Brittany, its nature, art, architecture, history, culture and culinary specialties (think crêpes and buttery galettes!), all written by experts in their fields.
- Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website.
- Michelin area and city maps help visitors find their way.
- Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.
- Michelin Green Guides feature comprehensive, concise travel information for advance trip planning and on-site decisions.
|London Store||9 in stock|
|Bristol Store||2 in stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product