The key word in this technology is Geography – the data (or at least a portion of the data) is spatial, i.e. data that is in some way referenced to locations on the earth. Coupled with this spatial data is attribute data. Attribute data is additional information about each of the spatial features & is usually held in tables / databases linked to features & points on a map.
Organisations looking to implement GIS face a range of technological & organisational challenges, the key barriers being: installation & maintenance, in-house IT knowledge & data storage / hosting and high up-front costs. Stanfords GIS overcomes these challenges:
Web based (no need to load or manage complicated and expensive software).
No maintenance required:
We update all map data and manage the web application.
Straightforward set up:
Following agreement, we upload your property portfolio list, cut out the required map/ imagery layers (as an irregular polygon rather than as tiles to reduce cost), automatically populate your property attribute fields, draw your estate boundaries/ grounds maintenance layers if you wish, and generate a set(s) of secure log in details. All of this is done remotely, by us, without customers having to implement or oversee any complex installation or integration at a local level.
Once all the above has been completed and tested, we simply issue your log in details to your administrator along with a set of comprehensive user guides. If you wish, we will of course deliver on-site training sessions to users.
Extremely easy to use:
If you can use a website you can use Stanfords GIS - there is no need to be GIS trained.
Aside from the simplicity of implementation and system use, and the management of data hosting and system maintenance, Stanfords GIS delivers real benefits to any organisation managing property or land portfolios or assets:
- Visualise the location & spread of your property portfolio and, if you wish, produce screen prints for meetings or reports.
- Upload, view and manage attribute fields linked to properties containing address information, property details, mortgage information, tenancy details, leases & licences & title documentation.
- Link photos & planning/design documents to a property.
- Create your own additional geographic layers & points to specify Estate Boundaries, Grounds Maintenance areas, Land ownership & Tree locations.
- Create, view and edit attribute fields linked to your additional data layers including titles, ownership status, maintenance works & contractor details, tree types, graffiti hotspots, risk assessments & works required.
- Build and run multi-layered reports (e.g. show me all of my 3 bedroom properties, in the BS1 postcode area, with rental value over £150 per week) and export the results either as a csv, a pdf or on to the map window itself to illustrate trends/ patterns or geographical groupings.
- Identify, draw, measure and save areas of owned land that might offer development opportunities.
- Purchase additional data for new portfolios/ development opportunities. Our unique tool only cuts out the data that you haven’t already purchased and automatically aligns it with any previously purchased polygons, where applicable
For each company there is an administrator, a supervisor and a user log in hierarchy. All users will be able to view the property portfolios and generate reports based on the associated asset management information (attributes) but only supervisors will be able to edit existing portfolios, upload new portfolios, draw or edit attribute fields, draw or edit estate boundary/ land ownership/ grounds maintenance/ tree or graffiti layers, or buy additional map data. This ensures that the integrity of the information is guaranteed at all times.
Crucially our supervisor function also means that all editing and maintenance tasks can be managed and completed in-house, over the web, and by the customer thus further reducing support costs.
As Stanfords GIS is web based, you have access to the system from anywhere in your organisation, when on site, or even when working from home. Any updates you make to your portfolio information will be updated & available to all immediately.
Base mapping/ imagery:
It is possible to load a wide range of map, imagery and height datasets into our GIS, including composite spatial datasets such as flood data but the standard product suite is as follows:
- OS MasterMap topo layer (1:1250/ 1:2500 survey scale) in full colour.
- OS Address Layer 2.
- OS Streetview 1:10K Raster (now free in our GIS under OS OpenData).
- OS VectorMap District (now free in our GIS under OS OpenData).
- Bluesky Aerial Photography (England and Wales only).
Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for managing and maintaining assets whether they be property portfolios, grounds or estates, lifts, fire extinguishers, bank cash machines e.t.c would find real value from our web-based GIS but below are some of the core sectors that currently use our services:
- Housing associations
- Lettings agents
- Property management agencies
- Large retailers
- Utilities companies
- Consultants delivering reports, drawings, plans e.t.c
- Local authorities in particular parish councils.
How do i find out more?
If you would like to discuss this further with a member of our GIS team simply telephone our Manchester Service Centre team on 0845 880 3730 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team can also arrange the following:
1.Log in details for a free trial account.
2.An on-site demonstration to you and your colleagues.
3.A free quote for your entire asset portfolio.
4.Training sessions and support userguides.
An annual licence is required to operate our GIS based, on Ordnance Survey royalties and our Service charges. This licence fee will be bespoke to your requirements depending on the geographical spread of your assets. Simply supply an address list for your portfolio(s) and we will return a free itemised quote.