Chart of the Heavens is an introductory stargazing fold out chart, simple to read and suitable for use at any time of year, anywhere in the world. It provides information, help and advice, as well as detailed instructions to help you get a firm understanding of individual stars and constellations, as well as other objects in the heavens.
The chart is encapsulated, making it suitable for occasional use in damp conditions, and double sided, with one side charting the heavens, and the other depicting information to help you understand what you see and what to look for.
Particular features of the chart include:
* An accurate, distortion-free view of the night sky as it appears anywhere in the populated world.
* Symbols and representations to help find and identify constellations, bright stars, the Milky Way, star clusters, nebulae (gas clouds), variable stars and galaxies. See the inset diagram for a close-up example.
* Explanatory text, tables and illustrations covering a wide variety of fascinating astronomical topics using language that newcomers to astronomy will find easy to understand.
* Star-hopping diagrams that make it easy to get acquainted with the night sky. Exercises are provided for all four seasons and for observers in both northern and southern hemispheres.
* A table listing locations of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn through the year 2025.
|London Store||Out of stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product