The "Florida: Travellers' Wildlife Guide" is a detailed illustrated guide to the fauna of Florida. It also offers general information for the region such as its geography, habitats and flora, visitor information for its national parks & reserves, and general advice on ecotourism.
Travelers go to Florida for sun, sand, surf, and visits to the state's world-famous theme parks, but increasingly also to explore Florida's incredible natural attractions: stunning subtropical scenery, wonderful hiking and bird-watching trails, exceptional fishing, boating, and canoeing, the wet wilderness of Everglades National Park, the continental US's only coral reefs, and glimpses of exotic wildlife. This book has all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Florida's magnificent animal, plant, and sea life.
* Identifying, location, and conservation information on the most frequently sighted animals.
* Full-color illustrations of more than 600 of Florida's most common insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, and plants.
* Information on the underwater animals most snorkellers and divers actually see.
* Photos and information on Florida habitats and on the most common plants you will encounter.
* Brief descriptions of the region's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
Easy to carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated-you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Written By Fiona Sunquist, Mel Sunquist and Les Beletsky
About this series:
Traveller’s Wildlife Guides, edited by Les Beletsky, is a series of travel-wildlife books aimed at environmentally conscious travellers (ecotourists) for whom some of the best parts of any trip are glimpses of animals in natural settings. The purpose of these books is to enhance enjoyment of a trip and enrich wildlife sightings by providing identifying information on several hundred of the most frequently encountered animals of a covered country or region, along with up-to-date information on their ecology, behaviour, and conservation
|London Store||Out of stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product