Discover this beautiful city with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. You can take this handy, pocket-sized book out with you anywhere, any time. Whether you plan to gawp at Michelangelo's David, admire the view from hilltop San Miniato al Monte or relax over apertivi in the Oltrano neighbourhood, Pocket Rough Guide Florence will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Perfect for short trips - compact and concise, with all the practical info you'll need for a few days' stay.
- Free pull-out map, as well as full-colour maps throughout - navigate the alleys and squares around the Duomo or find your way to Santa Croce's best restaurants without needing to get online.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Florence's unmissable sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned days to help you organize your visit.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Detailed city coverage - whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs. Areas covered include: Piazza del Duomo; Pizza della Signoria; San Lorenzo; west of the centre, including Ognissanti; Oltrano; the city outskirts; Fiesole. Attractions include: The Uffizi; Santa Croce; The Duomo; Ponte Vecchio, Santa Maria Novella; Capella Brancacci; Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio; Mercato Centrale; Palazzo Pitti; The Bargello; Museo dell'Opera del Duomo; San Lorenzo and Medici tombs; Santo Spirito; San Miniato al Monte, and many more.
- Day-trips - venture further afield to the hill-town Fiesole, within easy reach of Florence.
- Accommodation - our unbiased selection of the top places to stay, to suit every budget.
- Essentials - crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, health, tourist information, festivals and events, and more.
- Background information - an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section and glossary.
|London Store||5 in stock|
|Bristol Store||2 in stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product