Discover the city that never sleeps with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to climb the Statue of Liberty, walk the High Line or visit a jazz club in Harlem, The Rough Guide to New York City will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to New York City
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Full-colour maps throughout and a handy city plan - navigate the backstreets of the Meatpacking District or Brooklyn's artsy Williamsburg without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images
-Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of New York's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
- Detailed city coverage - whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: the Harbor Islands; the Financial District; Tribeca; Soho; Chinatown; Little Italy; Nolita; Lower East Side; the East Village; the West Village; Chelsea; the Meatpacking District; Union Square; Gramercy Park; the Flatiron District; Midtown East; Midtown West; Central Park; the Upper East Side; the Upper West Side; Morning side Heights; Harlem; north Manhattan; Brooklyn; Queens; the Bronx; Staten Island. Attractions include: the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art; the Statute of Liberty; the Empire State Building; 9/11 Museum; Grand Central; Museum of Modern Art; the High Line; the Whitney Museum of American Art.
- Listings - honest and insightful reviews of all the best places to stay, eat, drink and shop, with options to suit every budget, along with the latest on New York's clubs, live-music venues, theatres, galleries and LGBT scene, plus in-depth sections on the city's sports and outdoor activities, festivals and events, and children's attractions.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, the media; tourist information; entry requirements and more
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books and film.
|London Store||2 in stock|
|Bristol Store||1 in stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product