Discover the Great West Way with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to paddle-board through Bath, visit Windsor Castle, marvel at Stonehenge, narrow-boat down the Kennet & Avon Canal or explore the Ridgeway on horseback, The Rough Guide to The Great West Way will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to The Great West Way:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: West of London, Berkshire, the southern Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Bath and Bristol.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip along the Great West Way.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Bristol, Bath and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including captivating Kew Gardens, awe-inspiring Stonehenge and the idyllic Cotswolds countryside.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of west of London, Berkshire, Wiltshire, the Cotswolds, Bath and Bristol's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into the Great West Way, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife, books, TV and film.
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook
|London Store||35 in stock|
|Bristol Store||11 in stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product