The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World - 14th Edition published in September 2014: The latest edition of the world's most prestigious and authoritative world atlas, containing up-to-date world maps and thematic information curated by experts in geography and cartography. Now in its fourteenth edition, the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World continues to be the benchmark of cartographic excellence. The atlas is relied on and trusted by governments, media companies and international organizations around the world including the UN and the European Commission.
The 14th edition’s new features:
• Double page map of the Arctic Ocean
• New maps of sub-ice features in the Arctic Ocean and the Antarctic
• Physical maps of all the continents
Major updates include:
• 5000 place name changes, most notably in Japan, Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan and Spain.
• A beautifully illustrated section on current issues, including climate change, economy and energy, and a new section on the power of maps.
• Updated national parks and conserved areas including the Kavango Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area (KAZA TFCA), the largest conservation zone in the world.
• Realignment of the international boundary between Burkina Faso and Niger resulting from the International Court of Justice decision.
• Addition of Brussel as alternative local name form for Bruxelles (Brussels) as city is officially bilingual. Now shown as Brussel/Bruxelles.
• New administrative structures in Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya and Madagascar, and the addition of the new Indian state of Telangana.
• Addition of over 50 major waterfalls around the world.
Since its first inception in 1972 the comprehensive atlas has excelled in detailed and beautifully crafted mapping that represents a blend of tradition, authority and style. All the maps and detailed thematic information are completely updated with the latest geographical and geo-political changes. This atlas includes sections on historical mapping, satellite images of the earth and maps illustrating the world today which specifically focus on issues such as earthquakes and volcanoes, biodiversity, energy and urbanization. Reflecting today’s world with a beautifully illustrated section on contemporary themes from climate to economy.
• ‘The Greatest Book on Earth’ -Ranulph Fiennes
• ‘A total adventure’ -Jon Snow
• 'This is the indispensable tool for everyone who needs to know where we have come from, where we are now, and where we might be going' -Max Hastings
|London Store||Out of stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product