The updated Michelin Green Guide Languedoc Roussillon Tarn Gorges is your key to explore the dramatic south central area of France, from the Lozere region south to the Mediterranean and west along the Spanish border, and discover its varied landscapes and exciting history.
The guide, with its colour photos and maps, offers suggestions for activities, driving tours, and great places to eat and stay. With Michelin’s famed star-rating system for reviewing attractions and trusted advice, you can craft your own unforgettable adventure.
· 8th edition, revised and updated, with full-colour photos and plenty of details travelers look for.
· Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin’s renowned star-rating system, from the 3-star Millau Viaduct, the longest bridge in the world, to the 1-star town of LaGrasse and its 11th century humpbacked bridge.
· Driving tours abound in this guide, and you’ll find plenty of walking tours too. Michelin’s multiple walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the area.
· Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations to zoom in on the highlights and masterpieces.
· Sidebars throughout the guide on such intriguing topics as the definition of true Roquefort cheese and Catalan Midsummer celebrations.
· Illustrated sections on the region of Languedoc, Roussillon and Tarn Gorges today, its history, language and literature, architecture, art and culture, and nature—written by experts in their fields.
· Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, including opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
· Includes recommendations for great places to eat and stay for every budget.