The Eastern Australia Travellers' Wildlife Guide is a detailed illustrated guide to the fauna of the eastern states of Australia. It also offers general information for the region such as its geography, habitats and flora, visitor information for its national parks and general advice on ecotourism.
Australia is one of the few travel destinations worldwide where almost all visitors want to view wildlife - kangaroos and koalas, of course, but, increasingly, other animals as well: parrots, bowerbirds, dangerous saltwater crocodiles, large ground lizards called monitors or "goannas," and the colorful marine life of the Great Barrier Reef. In this book is all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Australia's magnificent animal and plant life.
* Covers Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania
* Identification and location information on the most frequently seen animals.
* Full-color illustrations of nearly 650 of Australia's most common fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
* Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of profiled animals.
* Information on eastern Australia's habitats and on the most common plants visitors encounter.
* A section on Australia's famous Great Barrier Reef and on the underwater animals most divers and snorkelers actually see.
* Brief descriptions of the most frequently visited parks and reserves in eastern Australia and Tasmania.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated-you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Written by Les Beletsky
About this series:
Traveller’s Wildlife Guides, edited by Les Beletsky, is a series of travel-wildlife books aimed at environmentally conscious travellers (ecotourists) for whom some of the best parts of any trip are glimpses of animals in natural settings. The purpose of these books is to enhance enjoyment of a trip and enrich wildlife sightings by providing identifying information on several hundred of the most frequently encountered animals of a covered country or region, along with up-to-date information on their ecology, behaviour, and conservation
|London Store||1 in stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product