The “Southern Africa: Travellers' Widlife Guide” is a detailed illustrated guide to the southern nations of Africa. It also offers general information for the region such as its geography, habitats and flora, visitor information for national parks and general advice on ecotourism.
From the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa, to Botswana's Okavango Delta, Namibia's Etosha National Park, and Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, the traveller can experience African savannahs, forests, deserts, and other stunning habitats and catch glimpses of some of the world’s most spectacular wildlife: hornbills and parrots, monkeys and big cats, frogs and toads, crocodiles and snakes. Southern Africa: A Traveller's Wildlife Guide provides all the information you need to identify, and learn about Southern Africa’s magnificent animal life.
* Covers South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Lesotho & southern Mozambique.
* Information on how to locate and identify the most frequently seen animals.
* More than 500 full-color illustrations of Southern Africa's most common amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals ñ the species you are most likely to see.
* Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of the animals.
* Information about and photos of Southern Africa's major habitat types.
* Descriptions and photos of Southern Africa's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
* Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated; you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Written by Bill Branch, Warwick Tarboton and Chris & Tilde Stuart.
About this series:
Traveller’s Wildlife Guides, edited by Les Beletsky, is a series of travel-wildlife books aimed at environmentally conscious travellers (ecotourists) for whom some of the best parts of any trip are glimpses of animals in natural settings. The purpose of these books is to enhance enjoyment of a trip and enrich wildlife sightings by providing identifying information on several hundred of the most frequently encountered animals of a covered country or region, along with up-to-date information on their ecology, behaviour, and conservation
|London Store||Out of stock|
|Bristol Store||Out of stock|
Subject to exceptions, Stanfords is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days of delivery. Please check here for more details on our returns policy and exceptions.See more information
There are no reviews for this product